Bagmati, Nov 8 (RSS): Chief Minister of Bagmati Province, Rajendra Pandey is taking vote of confidence in the Province Assembly on Monday.
He was appointed as the chief minister on October 28. There is a provision that the chief minister should take vote of confidence from the Province Assembly within 30 days since the government is formed.
Bagmati Province Assembly Speaker Sanu Kumar Shrestha shared that the province assembly meeting is taking place at 3.00 pm today and the process to take vote of trust will initiate from the same meeting.
“All the processes related to taking vote of confidence will complete today if the time allows. Otherwise, remaining process will be carried out tomorrow”, he informed.
There is a high chance that Pandey who became the Chief Minster on the backing of 59 out of 109 members in the Province Assembly would receive vote of confidence without any difficulty.
The Chief Minster requires 55 votes to win confidence of the Assembly. The ruling coalition has 59 votes.
It is noted that the CM would expand the cabinet once receiving vote of confidence. Earlier, CM Pandey had formed
- 1. Finance Minister Sharma vows to stop ‘stone
- 2. Bagmati Province CM to take vote of confidence today
- 3. Sudurpaschim CM Bhatta urges people to participate in census
- 4. Employees’ management soon, Province Minister Baral
- 5. Solar energy attracting investors, 11 projects granted permission for survey
- 6. Scores of passengers stranded at Simkot airport due to shortage of air tickets
- 7. Jumla producing electricity through solar energy