Kathmandu, Nov 16 (RSS): The Nepal bandh countrywide general shutdown called by the Communist Party of Nepal under the leadership of Netra Bikram Chand has a general effect in daily life. The general public is facing inconvenience as less number of public vehicles are seen operating today compared to the previous days. The bandh has also had general impact on the industrial sector and businesses. Meanwhile, 86 people forcibly enforcing the shutdown have been taken under control from various places of the country, spokesperson at the Ministry of Home Affairs, Phanindra Mani Pokharel, said. Although the big public vehicles operated in less numbers, the private and government vehicles were not affected. The Netra Bikram Chand-led group has said the Nepal bandh has been enforced to press the government to withdraw the hike in the price of petroleum products. Meanwhile, the Metropolitan Police Range Kathmandu said six persons enforcing the bandh have been taken under control in Kathmandu. The transportation vehicles are operating normally and the life is also normal at present, spokesperson at the Metropolitan Police Range Kathmandu, Ramesh Kumar Basnet, said.
- 1. Finance Minister Sharma vows to stop ‘stone
- 2. Nepal’s participation in COP26 Energy Day expected to be meaningful
- 3. Employees’ management soon, Province Minister Baral
- 4. Sudurpaschim CM Bhatta urges people to participate in census
- 5. Bagmati Province CM to take vote of confidence today
- 6. Solar energy attracting investors, 11 projects granted permission for survey
- 7. Scores of passengers stranded at Simkot airport due to shortage of air tickets